Subsea pressure regulator for depths to 3000m/10000ft
Pressure Tech have developed a range of subsea pressure regulators to operate at depths up to 3,000m/10,000ft. The regulators use the external seawater as a reference pressure and have the ability to vary the set-point relative to the ambient pressure conditions.
Pressure Tech also offers a completely sealed spring chamber to ensure that the set pressure is not affected by the external conditions. The most recent sub-sea application is a for leading Oil & Gas services provider on a project using a hydraulic system operating at 1300m for several weeks at a time.
Due to the growing demand for subsea regulators Pressure Tech have invested in a 19.5 litre hyperbaric chamber to simulate external seawater pressure up to 300 bar whilst pressures up to 1034 bar/15,000psi are applied to the internals of the regulator. This will enable Pressure Tech to maintain complete control of not only design and manufacturing, but also in-house testing to ensure remain a market leader for this application. The test chamber is also available for other valve companies looking to perform high pressure external tests on a subcontract basis.
Pressure Tech Limited
Tel: + 44 (0)1457 899307
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 25
- Pressure Tech Selected for Innovation: TIS Hydraulics Selects Pressure Tech for Innovative System Enhancements
- ASCO Numatics Stainless Steel Filter Regulators
- Maintaining a constant flow of beer: By Helmut Ambros and Uwe Daebel
- Versa 316 Stainless Steel Regulators
- Emerson introduces high flow capacity tank blanketing regulators: The FisherŽ T200 Series is designed to meet the latest tank blanketing sizing guidelines and customer needs for greater flow capacity
- New Range of Pressure Reducing Valves from Aquaflow
- High Flow Insertion Regulator Offers Significant Weight Savings
- Red Dragon to Exhibit SitecnaŽ range at Offshore Europe: Showing Offshore