WRAS Approval Opens up New Markets for Albion
Albion Valves (UK) Ltd, an increasingly popular UK valves supplier, has secured approval from the UK's Water Regulations Approval Scheme (WRAS), on their range of solenoid valves, now compliant for potable water applications across the HVAC industry as well as industrial and process sectors.
Water fittings used on any system that either carries or receives water from the UK mains supply, must comply with WRAS and meet stringent safety standards. The WRAS testing cycle for valves includes 200,000 tests on both hot and cold water applications, and WRAS approval is an established sign of quality. UK water authorities are legally bound to accept only WRAS approved products on their applications.
A solenoid is electromechanically operated valve controlled by a magnetic current. The simple and unique design of the solenoid offers fast and safe switching and high reliability, making them one of the most commonplace ranges of valves in the UK water and building services industries.
In the building services industry, WRAS approved solenoid valves are specified for use in situations where water comes into contact with people such as bathrooms, toilets, vending machines, coffee machines and water coolers. In these applications they are most frequently used to control water flow and direction, shut off, release, dose and distribute hot and cold water.
They are also a vital tool to help prevent water wastage and are commonly fitted adjacent to PIR sensor taps designed for automatic shut off after use. These are used extensively to facilitate hot and cold water services in public places including; restaurants, offices, commercial kitchens, motorway service stations and leisure centres.
Les Littlewood, Albion Sales Director commented:
‘Solenoids are a product line that our distributors require again and again, and as such we have introduced WRAS approved solenoids offering them even greater choice.
We also stock WRAS approved Ball and Butterfly valves, commonly used for behind the scenes building installations such as controlling the filling of water tanks and main circuit isolation. This latest addition to our portfolio extends a more comprehensive range of potable water products to our distributors, and will also help us grow our presence in this sector.’
Albion currently stocks around 5000 lines of industrial valves, suitable for applications predominantly within the process, water, building, HVAC industries, all available from its distributor network.
Albion Valves UK ltd
Tel: 01226 72 99 00
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 34
- New 11/2 inch Power Pulse Valve complements ASCO/ JOUCOMATIC NUMATICS Dust Collector System Range
- ASCO Numatics Introduces Series 342 Stainless Steel Filter Regulator to Complement Solenoid Valve Range
- ASCO Solenoid Valve with Ex Rated Connector Enables Installation and Maintenance without a ‘Hot Work Permit’
- HSP + Maxseal = Success
- Norgren’s 48xx Series
- Norgren - Unrivalled experience, superb technical solutions!: Norgren has an enviable reputation for excellent instrumentation solutions.
- ASCO Numatics extends Valve Range : Series 067 Rocker Isolation Valve range with higher pressure ratings and larger nominal diameter
- ASCO Numatics expands range of miniature solenoid valves
- Zoedale Expand Valve Range: Zoedale Plc is pleased to announce the expansion of the highly successful Magnatrol Solenoid Valve range
- ASCO Numatics Introduces ATEX Certified Valve Islands: ASCO Numatics introduces ATEX certified valve islands for mounting in fieldbus remote I/O cabinets. Unique features enable easier installation, commis