KKI wins offshore contract to supply valves to Johan Sverdrup offshore field
Engineering firm, KOSO Kent Introl (KKI), has today announced that it has successfully won a contract to supply all control and choke valves to Statoil/Aker Solutions for one of the largest ever discoveries on the Norwegian Continental Shelf; the Johan Sverdrup offshore field. KKI anticipates manufacturing and delivering more than 400 valves over a three-year period.
Stuart Billingham, sales director at Kent Introl comments:
‘We are delighted to announce this contract with Statoil and Aker Solutions. It has been awarded following Kent Introl successfully securing a long-term frame agreement with Statoil until at least 2020, with further options to extend to 2026. This is the third time Kent Introl has held frame agreements with Statoil for its control and choke valve products, having previously secured contracts from 1996-2001 and 2007-2015. We look forward to continuing our relationship over the long-term.’
Supporting Kent Introl in the execution of this contract is OME, Kent Introl’s appointed representative in Norway since 2008. OME will provide local support for individual projects and aftermarket activities.
The Johan Sverdrup field is one of the five biggest on the Norwegian continental shelf, with expected resources of between 1.7–3 billion barrels of oil. Phase one of the development will comprise four platforms, production, drilling, riser and living quarters. Production start-up for phase one is scheduled for late 2019.
Koso Kent Introl
Tel: 01484 710311
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 34
- KKI to tap into velocity control market in 2008
- Metso’s revolutionary new control valve
- China builds its first LNG plant…
- Weir Valves & Controls Blakeborough -X-Stream Varistage Trim at Keadby Power Station, UK
- Koso Kent Introl - What’s in a Name?
- Major Order for Fisher
- Flowserve Launches ValveSight
- No application too severe for KKI by David Lamb, Sales Director
- Emerson Unveils New 3-way Valve to Improve Temperature Control
- Flowserve Worcester Coated Valves Excel In Fishing Application