Into the Deep: Heaps Delivers on First Subsea Project
Heap & Partners has recently delivered valves for a subsea application for the first time in its history. The 3˝ ASME 1500 RTJ flanged valves, are part of Heaps' Phase range of Trunnion Mounted Ball valves.
The project was successfully undertaken with connector technology experts First Subsea Ltd, and fellow BVAA member company KT Hydraulics which supplied its Kracht Double Acting Hydraulic unit.
The valves formed part of a 32˝ Pipeline Recovery Tool (PRT) which is used on pipe laying projects. It offers air injection for launch and capture of the pig; dewatering and in the event of a ‘wet buckle’, the recovery of the pipeline itself in water depths of up to 2,300 metres. The PRT uses First Subsea’s patented Ball & Taper Technology (Ballgrab®). The First Subsea PRT’s have been supplied for pipelines up to 42˝ Diameter for over 25 years and this failsafe technology uses the Ballgrab® patented mechanical grip system.
Critically, for the nature of this project, the valves and actuators are totally ingress sealed for the deepwater application. The interface between the valve and actuator is also pressure compensated in order to eradicate any potential for leakage at the installed depth.
This was a fast track project and as such Heap & Partners were able to manufacture, witness test and deliver the valves and actuators within 14 weeks of the order.
Heap & Partners Business Development Manager, Peter Burnett, explained the importance of the relationships between the three companies in order to successfully deliver the project to schedule:
‘The teams at Heaps, KT Hydraulics and First Subsea Ltd have formed a good working relationship. Through close cooperation we were able to combine the considerable specialist expertise of each party to great effect, and have been able to deliver a technically robust solution to a short lead-time.’
Heap & Partners has a strong track record of delivering valves to high criticality industries, more information can be found at www.heaps.co.uk
Heap & Partners Ltd
Tel: 0151 488 7222
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 34
- Heaps supply Ball Valves to ASME III + Seismic Qualification
- Flowserve Delivers Valve Solutions: Complete controls assembly for Imerys tube presses
- Bifold Innovate!
- Truflo Marine attends Laying Ceremony for 4th Astute Class Submarine
- Schuck Group awarded Holford contract
- Econosto UK at Process Engineering Live
- Econosto UK - 25 Years sterling service, much more in the pipeline
- Econosto UK to Stock Latest ECON Products: Econosto UK Ltd, which started life as Ball Valves UK in 1984 continues to grow in more ways than one.
- Schuck Flying to Success
- Holford Contract Award for The Schuck Group