Major SIPOS actuator order for San Diego water authority
The advanced capabilities of SIPOS Aktorik’s electric actuators have enabled the company to secure a major order from San Diego County Water Authority (SDCWA) in California.
The HiMod product has been selected by the utility to assist with control of water flow to remote valves that support City agencies including San Diego, Escondido, La Jolla and Oceanside. Commissioning and ongoing support will be provided by AUMA Actuators Inc.
An initial order for seven SIPOS actuators were delivered in 2014 to SDCWA’s Rancho Hydroelectric facility in San Diego and 90 additional devices are scheduled for delivery during 2015. The devices will be adopted on lines ranging from 36˝ to 60˝.
Commenting on the challenges met by the SIPOS HiMod actuator at the SDCWA installations, Justin Ledger, Marketing and Business Development Manager at AUMA Actuators Inc. said:
‘SDCWA required slow valve operation to decrease water hammer damage and this is an area of particular expertise from SIPOS. The actuators require long stroke times (23min) and heavy pulse modulation – this was addressed by the HiMod, which can be built for 120vac primary power and still provide continuous modulation. By contrast, other actuator lines only allow a maximum of 15 minute duty and minimal modulation for 120vac units.’
SIPOS Aktorik is part of the AUMA Group. With strong representation in the USA, the company’s electric actuators, backed by comprehensive local support, are installed across water, power and district cooling installations. The company’s product range includes the SIPOS 5 electric actuator and recently launched SIPOS SEVEN series.
Tel: 01275 871 141
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 34
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants
- Rotork aids Regeneration: Rotork actuators at the centre of successful UK environmental regeneration
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork