Heaps supply Ball Valves to ASME III + Seismic Qualification
Heap & Partners, in partnership with fellow BVAA members LG Ball Valves, have recently completed a contract for the supply of 80 ball valves certified to ASME III Class 1 and 2. As the valves were destined for installation at two UK-based nuclear power plants, seismic qualification was an additional special requirement. The constraints of a contract of this nature, not only in respect of product design and qualification but in the associated stringent documentation requirements would be problematic for the majority of valve manufacturers who prefer to make standard, volume product. However, having worked closely with a number of nuclear power plants over the past 30 years, Heap & Partners has gained an extensive knowledge and awareness of the industry’s supply criteria. This, coupled with their proven expertise in project management and in the preparation of complex lifetime documentation packages, complimented LG’s ability to supply non-standard valves in small quantities and on short lead times, enabling Heap & Partners and LG to jointly design, qualify, manufacture, test and deliver within 20 working weeks from receipt of order, despite many delay points at critical stages in theprogramme. The valves supplied were 0.5", 1.5" and 3.0" Class 600 top entry design with butt weld end connections. All incorporated a number of special features including leak detectionconnections, double stem sealing and double gaskets. 100% non-destructive testing and BS EN 10204 3.1 material certification was required for all components, not just pressure containing parts, with witnessed inspection at many of the manufacturing stages. After initial build, all valves were tested to 65 bar, after which the is 1 valves were stripped and non destructive examination repeated. Similar specifications are available from Class 150 through to Class 2500 and in a size range from 15mm to 300mm.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 3
- Flowserve Delivers Valve Solutions: Complete controls assembly for Imerys tube presses
- Bifold Innovate!
- Truflo Marine attends Laying Ceremony for 4th Astute Class Submarine
- Schuck Group awarded Holford contract
- Econosto UK at Process Engineering Live
- Econosto UK - 25 Years sterling service, much more in the pipeline
- Econosto UK to Stock Latest ECON Products: Econosto UK Ltd, which started life as Ball Valves UK in 1984 continues to grow in more ways than one.
- Schuck Flying to Success
- Holford Contract Award for The Schuck Group
- Schuck Group – Asia Gas Pipeline Contract