Butterfly valves for food applications
It is manufactured from hydrogenated nitrile butadiene rubber (HNBR) and certified in accordance with the requirements of the European Food Contact Materials Regulation (EC) 1935/2004.
This new approval extends the range of applications for the type series, which has already been approved by the FDA (USA, Food and Drug Administration).
The NH liner (HNBR) is suitable for all food applications in which animal, vegetable or mineral oils and acidic liquids are used. It is resistant to hydrocarbons and also suitable for use in solids-laden liquids as it is very abrasion-resistant.
The selective hydrogenation of nitrile rubber (NBR) significantly increases the temperature resistance of HNBR.
Butterfly valves equipped with liners manufactured according to the new formulation (NH) can be used in liquid fluids up to a maximum temperature of 150°C.
The soft-seated centred-disc ISORIA type series is available in nominal sizes DN 40 to DN 1000. KSB also manufactures other liner materials for food applications that comply with the various requirements of Regulation (EC) 1935/2004 and the FDA.
For example, KSB provides liners made of EPDM and white nitrile for the beverage industry.
The KSB Group is one of the few valve manufacturers in the world to develop and produce its own elastomers. The ISORIA butterfly valves are now available with an oil-resistant liner for food applications
Tel: 01509 231 872
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 50
- NEW COMPOSITE VALVE RANGE LAUNCHED BY TYCO FLOW CONTROL
- Bray Controls - Butterfly Valves and a whole lot more!
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Xomox® XLD Lined Butterfly Valves
- Six figure contract for Weir Valves & Controls UK Ltd.
- Hobbs Valve - It’s All About Lead Time
- Shipham Valves acquires the Advanced Valve Technologies composite valve product range
- KEYSTONE VALVES OFFER A COOL SOLUTION AT CHILL FACTORe
- BiS Valves
- NEW Keystone BREWSEAL SEAT FOR HYGIENIC VALVES