Schuck Flying to Success
The first two Schuck Type "U" Top Entry Ball Valves 24" and 36" Class 900 with electric actuators, weighing in total 28 tonnes were loaded directly into a B747-400F freight aircraft utilizing the large side and nose-cargo doors on 15th July 2009. This was the first time a wide body cargo plane had flown to Bintulu and the landing went entirely to schedule. Head of Sales at Schuck, Timur Lenk explains.
The advanced part of the project required in total six valves to be manufactured and delivered within an extremely tight timeframe and with the help and co-operation of our staff and material suppliers we were successful in achieving this within the set time limits agreed with Petronas.
The completion of this order and the logistic scheduling of everything from the procurement of castings, (also air freighted in), production, planning the heavy transportation from our Steinheim works to Frankfurt Airport, had to be carefully planned and considered. Failure to keep to the agreed dates could have caused serious delays to the scheduled plant shutdown activities at site.
Schuck Valves UK Limited
Tel: 08006 340 082
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 12
- Heaps supply Ball Valves to ASME III + Seismic Qualification
- Flowserve Delivers Valve Solutions: Complete controls assembly for Imerys tube presses
- Bifold Innovate!
- Truflo Marine attends Laying Ceremony for 4th Astute Class Submarine
- Schuck Group awarded Holford contract
- Econosto UK at Process Engineering Live
- Econosto UK - 25 Years sterling service, much more in the pipeline
- Econosto UK to Stock Latest ECON Products: Econosto UK Ltd, which started life as Ball Valves UK in 1984 continues to grow in more ways than one.
- Holford Contract Award for The Schuck Group
- Schuck Group – Asia Gas Pipeline Contract